Windows installer not allowing me to uninstall programs Like sound drivers

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Hi,

I have windows 10 Creators 1709 I know there is a way to do this but I cannot uninstall any programs that use the windows installer package. when I go to my realtek onboard sound and try to uninstall it it just hangs doesn't do anything. I tried the registry command but that did not work I know there is a way to reregister it and install the installer package all over again but I'm noit sure how to do it. Any help would be great. I ran an sfc /scannow and it is did not find any issues

thank you!!!

Steven_96

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016

Good program. It's just that I'm a piece of mind type of guy I would really Like to know what caused it but that would be hard to say. but if it's Okay with anyone I would Like to know how to fix it so that it will work again. It's working right now the windows installer because I have this software called rollback rx and it constantly creates snapshots of my whole system on my custom windows 10 1709 Computer and I did a roll back to Like 3 days ago and that fixed it. I also have a piece of software called iobit Uninstaller. It comes with a program called Advanced System Care it's Like the programs and features except that when you delete a program it also deletes the registry entry and any leftover files also. but that didn't work either in helping me uninstall my audio driver nor could I install anything that depends on the windows installer. I went into the windows services and windows installer was not running it was set to manual but it was not started. even when windows was trying to uninstall or reinstall my audio drivers I have the same problem with My onboard ethernet controller drivers.But I never did try ccleaner. So I would much appreciate still some help if you would not mind. I looked on you tube but all I get is instructions if I get a specific error message and that's it.Cause Ccleaner will uninstall a program maybe since I have never tried it but it will not install a program. that will have to be dome by the windows installer and it won't be if it's not working.