Windows Laptop Makes Appearance on 30 Rock

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
I would not do that if I were MS, of course I would be insanely rich but, it would be getting in a really messy market that already has several Golyats doing a great job.
As I see its an unnecessary change for a software developer. Lets be realistic about this, it's not like with Xbox there were just 2 competitors when the Box came out plus it has the xbox only games. But in terms of notebooks, well put in line and wait your turn!

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Microsoft is not making their own laptops. They are just covering the back logo and placing their own.

And it's not HP; if you look closely at the reverse angle you can clearly see it is Lenovo as Marcus Yam pointed out.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm surprised that no troll yet commented on the fact that Marcus Yam used the words "sick and tired" and "Apple" in the same sentence. I hope I won't jinx it by mentionning it.

gmcboot

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Ummm.. that is a mac in the background. However, that's ok. It is used by the executive who cannot even send an email without assistance. So the PC is used for real work like in the real world. Mac = Elitist Toy .. PC = Hard Working Real World Tool.

Thank you and goodnight.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Makes me want to throw Ubuntu on my new laptop (in the mail now from Amazon) as fast as I can. Downloading Ubuntu 9.10 64bit right now and will be ready.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
That is an iMac in the background.

The Win workstation is a RAD/science/business/number crunching machine that is also used for gaming.

The Mac workstation is audio/video editing and graphic design machine that is great for anything having to do with multimedia.

I use both for the reasons above. Both are instruments that allow me to do specific types of work, and I will always use both OSes. Both OSes are used for "real world" work and to suggest that either is anything else is nonsense.

The Apple logo that we see on the back and front of iMac's is just that, the Apple logo and it represents the hardware. What MS is doing is stamping their OS brand on the hardware. If Apple were to do the same then it would not be the Apple logo, but the Mac logo which is the two faced image with "Mac" written below it. Mac Logo

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I think the signature PCs is a good route for windows to take. Also it would be nice to have laptops with a glowing windows logo, most laptops are sold with some verion of windows anyways. Not hard to do just change the back of the monitor.

G

@Kelavarus - the glowing penguin is available but requires additional non-repository software library installations, scripts tailored for your distribution (which are currently in beta), a custom kernel compile for your specific machine, and it only works in gnome.

Status
Not open for further replies.