Question Windows Media Player visualisations ?

Are the visualisations supposed to work on Windows 10?
I had forgotten how to activate them as I had not used WMP for a long time so i googled the question.
I got the visualisations to work but after about 10 minutes they stopped moving and would not restart , Maybe its because WMP is considered old now?

Ralston18

Titan
Windows media player version?

Did you download it from some website? Source link?

Do the visualizations work again and stop again if the host computer is shutdown and restarted?

Look in Reliability History/Monitor: any error codes, warnings, or informational events related to Media Player? Especially when it stopped (stops)?

Windows Media Player came with a genuine copy of Windows that was pre-installed by a company who built the PC for me 7 years ago, and their are no errors logged in the reliability monitor.

Ralston18

Titan
What was originally done to get the visualizations to work? Can that be repeated?

Try running the built-in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Try running "dism" and "sfc /scannow".

When a piece of music is playing in the library of media player you click switch to playing now button at bottom right of screen , you then right click to choose the visualisation you want.

As i said it plays for about 10 mins the stops but the music still carry's on playing.
I tried to get some more visualisations from microsoft site but when i clicked the download buttons i just a message to say cant be downloaded securely so i did not do it.