Question Windows not loading properly

Jan 28, 2018
Windows not loading properly - Start menu doesn't pop up, taskbar is bugging a lot and some basic functions don't work

It's my second fresh Windows 10 installation and this is starting to happen again. I've had this problem a couple of times already: soemtimes when I turn my PC on, Windows loads as normal, but as soon as I put my password and enter the Desktop, I can see that some things aren't working as they should. The start menu doesn't pop up (I've tried on-screen keyboard, different keyboards, disabling gaming mode, etc.), not even when I click it in the task bar. Besides that, hovering the mouse and clicking on the taskbar's active applications doesn't make them come up or open, I need to ALT+TAB for that to happen. Also, there's some problems with the keyboard and mouse inputs, I feel that they're different in some way.
All of that goes away if I restart windows. Everyday when I turn it on, I do a quick check for this bug repeatedly tapping the Windows key, and if the start menu doesn't come up, I know it's time to restart the PC and hope that this doesn't happen again.
Does anyone know what this can be and how I can fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Edit for hardware specs:
CPU: Intel i7-11700
Motherboard: Asus TUF H570 Pro (with the standard factory BIOS)
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vegeance RGB
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ti Suprim X
Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 120
PSU: Corsair TX850M 850W

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018
When you say fresh, how did you crate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10? What is the make and model of your motherboard and it's BIOS version?

Just with the normal Windows Media Creation Tool, on my PC with the recommended settings for it. I wiped the partitions on the SSD and then reinstalled it.
I have not updated my BIOS (American Megatrends Inc. 0820, 27/04/2021), but I'll attach my full specs here and to the original post as well. I will try to update it and edit this with the results. It's just hard to tell right away, I might need to use it for a full day and restart it multiple times to see if it worked.
I have changed my Motherboard and CPU a couple of days ago, that might have changed something? This started happening when I reactivated my Windows (because of the hardware change) and did an "sfc /scannow" (that encountered some problems and fixed them).

Edit: My BIOS is now updated and this problem keeps happening.

CPU: Intel i7-11700
Motherboard: Asus TUF H570 Pro
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vegeance RGB
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ti Suprim X
Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 120
PSU: Corsair TX850M 850W

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018
Fast-forward to today, 2 months after that, with a new M.2 SSD where I did a fresh install of Windows, THIS KEEPS HAPPENING.

Some videos of it:
Windows key not opening start menu - in fact, not even pressing the start menu opens it (I can search just fine though)
Minimized apps not opening/closing

It is really annoying, it seems like nothing causes this problem, it just happens randomly whenever I start my PC. Today I got this error 3 times in a row, had to restart 4 times to make the PC usable.