Question Windows randomly activates Alt Key or Locks Alt Key

Hoosker

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
2 Days ago I noticed that while typing, randomly the Alt key would activate as if depressed.
When I opened Notepad, I could sometimes see the menus highlight as if Alt was being spammed.
Thinking it was my old Razer Keyboard, I went through all troubleshooting, then replaced it with a new keyboard.
Same Thing.
Thinking it may be my XP-Pen I disconnected and uninstalled all hardware.
Same Thing
Sometimes when my Desktop goes to sleep, I can't log back in because the Alt is locked, even on the Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard I can't unlock Alt Keys
This is on a Desktop with Windows 10 Home
This is random, several times a day and I'll be forced to restart computer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Below is an image I found online of what my onscreen keyboard looks like when this happens.
da52e5bd-071a-4dd4-b788-84e5513a137e

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.