Question Windows Snip & Sketch Stops Working after Copying Image to Clipboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkThroat

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2016
I've been using Windows+Shift+S for years to quickly copy small portions of my display to share with my colleagues. However, within the last couple weeks, it's started acting strange. After copying an image to my clipboard using Win+Shift+S, the shortcut will no longer function until I restart Windows Explorer through Task Manager.

I took the following steps found on the Microsoft Community, and this solved the issue for the rest of the day, but the issue began once again the following day.

1. Press the Windows key or click start, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator".
  2. Type in: sfc /scannow
  3. Press Enter. Wait until it finishes.
  4. Type in: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  5. Hit enter. Wait until it finishes.
  6. Restart your computer and see if that solves the issue.
I've also tried reinstalling Windows Snip and Sketch, but that seemed to have no effect.

Is this a known issue that has recently started occurring with Windows 10? Are there any known fixes to the issue?

Reactions: Marmoudd

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Hey; can I get a bit of help on this please?
my windows version in 2023 is v22H2
included in my windows is a tool called "snip & sketch". Until windows 10, i'd never used a snipping tool - now i can't live without it.
a few days ago maybe - it stopped working altogether. Typically, i'd open it from the start menu, click the NEW button and then simply draw a line or crop the portion of the page i want and then simply save the cropped out portion to my desktop.
Snip and sketch is not present in the MS app store so i don't want to uninstall it. i tried resesting it but that did nothing. i did a few other things people online said to do but nothing gets it to work again.
i don't want the 'snipping tool' - i want my snip & sketch to work again - it's just to simple and straightforward and it doesn't have any fancy extra features i'll never use.
The OP talked about things going to the clipboard - i've never used or felt i needed that and i don't want to learn.
Anyways i thought i'd dump my problem in your lap and hope you might can help me out over here. sorry to bother.

USAFRet

Titan
Hey; can I get a bit of help on this please?
my windows version in 2023 is v22H2
included in my windows is a tool called "snip & sketch". Until windows 10, i'd never used a snipping tool - now i can't live without it.
a few days ago maybe - it stopped working altogether. Typically, i'd open it from the start menu, click the NEW button and then simply draw a line or crop the portion of the page i want and then simply save the cropped out portion to my desktop.
Snip and sketch is not present in the MS app store so i don't want to uninstall it. i tried resesting it but that did nothing. i did a few other things people online said to do but nothing gets it to work again.
i don't want the 'snipping tool' - i want my snip & sketch to work again - it's just to simple and straightforward and it doesn't have any fancy extra features i'll never use.
The OP talked about things going to the clipboard - i've never used or felt i needed that and i don't want to learn.
Anyways i thought i'd dump my problem in your lap and hope you might can help me out over here. sorry to bother.
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation. This one is 2 years old...you'll get much better replies.

Reactions: ss_56
Status
Not open for further replies.