Windows stalls at Welcome Screen

I just used Western Digital's Data Lifeguard to clone my
old hard disk to a new larger disk. The new disk boots
fine, but when reaching the light blue Welcome screen, it
stalls just before "Welcome" appears (where a list of
users normally would). I have a default user set, so
normally this screen just flashes by. The computer is not
frozen.

When the old disk and the new are attached, I can boot
from the old and see everything is fine on the old. Also
can boot from the old if the new disk is attached. I have
tried every combination of Master/Slave, dual drives and
single, and no progress. What is stalling the process?
Obviously the boot is going fine.

Carl

Try booting in safe mode and creat a new user acount

--
Carl
"Joshua Moyer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just used Western Digital's Data Lifeguard to clone my
> old hard disk to a new larger disk. The new disk boots
> fine, but when reaching the light blue Welcome screen, it
> stalls just before "Welcome" appears (where a list of
> users normally would). I have a default user set, so
> normally this screen just flashes by. The computer is not
> frozen.
>
> When the old disk and the new are attached, I can boot
> from the old and see everything is fine on the old. Also
> can boot from the old if the new disk is attached. I have
> tried every combination of Master/Slave, dual drives and
> single, and no progress. What is stalling the process?
> Obviously the boot is going fine.

TRENDING THREADS