Question Windows stutters intermittently, audio drops/crackles & keyboard Input drops out ?

IIIPlasmaIII

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
This is a brand new system. Here's some basic specs:

MB: MSI z690-A WIFI DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i5 12600k
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 (16GBx2) CL16 BL2K16G32C16U4B
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti

Basically, on occasion, my computer will stutter for about 2-3 seconds at a time, the frequency of these events ranging from 30 seconds up to 30 minutes, depending on what kind of intensive activity im doing. Sometimes during the stutter, my keyboard inputs will be frozen. Sometimes the audio will warp and crackle. The video is almost always frozen. Sometimes I won't notice any stuttering for an entire session.

I scanned around at similar posts and seen some people diagnosing with LatencyMon. Im having trouble deciphering exactly what its telling me to do here, but here is the info if it tips you off to something easy I can do to fix this.
eGNDTSa.png

IIIPlasmaIII

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would see if any of the hints here will help

I have had high WDF1000.sys before, its Windows Driver Framework, so not exactly pointing in a useful direction. I would try other fixes such as changing power scheme for Nvidia drivers, video covers that. It seemed to have helped my PC but I still occasionally get a random lag spike, so I probably need to run latencymon more often.

Reactions: IIIPlasmaIII

Colif

Win 11 Master
The newest Nvidia drivers don't seem to like my PC as it just showed them as source of my latency. So I just ran DDU in safe mode and removed my Nvidia drivers, and ran windows update... now my drivers are from 30 Sept 2020.
I will let you know if it helped.

h0lyshadow

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
The newest Nvidia drivers don't seem to like my PC as it just showed them as source of my latency. So I just ran DDU in safe mode and removed my Nvidia drivers, and ran windows update... now my drivers are from 30 Sept 2020.
I will let you know if it helped.
Hi, sorry for necroposting

Did you ever managed to solve this? I have just built a similar system to yours (12700k with same mobo, just no wifi) and I have terrible crackling audio issues, sometimes little freeze. Audio crackling is completely random

I'm desperate :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
My latency issue appears to have been caused by some programs I wasn't aware were on my PC. Since removing a few Gigabyte apps I haven't experienced it. I have been waiting for it though.

Now... I would suggest you make a new thread of your own. Show the link here and I will help you out
if you haven't got this already, download https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon and run it, and show screenshots of the front page and driver page.
Can you show us specs of the PC as well?

h0lyshadow

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
My latency issue appears to have been caused by some programs I wasn't aware were on my PC. Since removing a few Gigabyte apps I haven't experienced it. I have been waiting for it though.

Now... I would suggest you make a new thread of your own. Show the link here and I will help you out
if you haven't got this already, download https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon and run it, and show screenshots of the front page and driver page.
Can you show us specs of the PC as well?
Thanks!

I made a thread as you suggested: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ing-and-occasional-freeze-stuttering.3765787/

Right now I'm @ work so I couldn't provide you with Latencymon screenshots