Question Windows System Freeze

Feb 17, 2021
I was recently adding new parts to an old computer when I was trying to connect the wifi chip (AC8265) to the motherboard (b36h4-ad) but was silly enough to attempt to plug it into a SATA power cable whilst powered on. The computer didn't work after however It attempted to load the computer and once reaching the Acer screen. the loading circle did two loops then would freeze. Is my motherboard essentially toast or is there hope?

I've reset CMOS and It let me go on and install windows however when reaching the final password selection section it froze once again and I haven't been able to get past the freezing circle since. Any idea of a fix or will a new motherboard be needed?

Feb 17, 2021
Is that the USB I insert when I want to install windows? I've had that for ages and it worked fine on a computer last week. Just downloaded it from the Microsoft website.

Feb 17, 2021
Is that the USB I insert when I want to install windows? I've had that for ages and it worked fine on a computer last week. Just downloaded it from the Microsoft website.

TRENDING THREADS