[SOLVED] Windows time not working, have tried multiple fixes.

AaronMcmillen

Reputable
Mar 2, 2016
My clock recently stopped working correctly. When I turn my PC on it has the time when it was turned off so my first thought was to replace the CMOS battery but that didn't fix it. It also loses time after using my PC for a while and has even seemed to have gone backwards at some points. I have also tried changing w32tm to automatic in services, unregistering it and reregistering it in an admin cmd, and changing the servers from time.windows.com to time.nist.gov. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
that surely looks like a CMOS battery problem. since you changed the battery already, unless you were incredibly unlucky and installed a dead battery, which is very unlikely, it suggest that your motherboard might be faulty. can you check if the battery socket does not show any sign of corrosion? does the battery fits tight?

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
that surely looks like a CMOS battery problem. since you changed the battery already, unless you were incredibly unlucky and installed a dead battery, which is very unlikely, it suggest that your motherboard might be faulty. can you check if the battery socket does not show any sign of corrosion? does the battery fits tight?

Solution