Question Windows Update causing crashes

HakaseLA

Prominent
Apr 2, 2023
Hello, please refrain from judging my choices (or at all really, I ask in order to get an answer thanks)

Aisurix RX 580 8GB 2048sp, using stock AMD Adrenalin (red; intended to use the "blue" version whose name I couldnt remember at the moment, I think is "Pro" and worked once but... It swapped to red on its own)
Windows 10 Pro (Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.4651))

I noticed on recent update sessions, that my custom overclock settings always end up resetted. I done GPU and Memory stress tests with furmark 1 and memtestcl respectively, overclocked and not: No problems found.

Could it be a software bug instead? Or do I have to test something else? Once I reapply my OC profile, everything keeps working like a charm until Windows Update decides to attack again.

EDIT
HW Specifications
Motherboard: A55BM-K
APU: AMD A8-6600 @4.2GHz (Supossedly Quad-core but actually dual, apparently)
(w iGPU: HD 8570D)
RAM: 2x8 (16) GB @1833MHz
GPU: Aisurix RX 580 8GB 2048sp
(w OC: 1340MHz max for GPU, 2000MHz for VRAM)
CPU Socket is FM2+

I cant touch my PC for the following 3 hours (or less, hopefully), so I cant experiment with the CMOS battery just yet. As for full Windows version... In a weird bad luck strike, Parsec's Connect button became gray, and TeamViewer has decided to make me believe I use it for commercial purposes just now (but Im not willing to give up a bunch of additional private info in order to get them to unlock my Personal computer, bye TeamViewer).
I'll update this post again as soon as I get to home.

Last edited:

HakaseLA

Prominent
Apr 2, 2023
Updated with all system specifications + full OS version number (according to winver)
Every update has installed succesfully except for KB5034441, which failed back on July 22nd.
CMOS battery has been replaced; system settings and clock have of course been reset, but has otherwise not affected the OC settings.

Perhaps noteworthy, forgot to mention that my OC settings reset with a "WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure" message, hence my worries.
I'll be working on Unity Editor until night and then try installing updates if there's any left.

EDIT: According to Windows Update, the last update on the Display driver happened on June 14th, and it was successful. 31.0.12027.9001 (2)

Last edited:

HakaseLA

Prominent
Apr 2, 2023
The only reports from yesterday (last updates) were "Windows was not properly shut down", source being Kernel-Power. If I remember correctly, either it restarted more often than normal or it restarted "through" a shut down (first the shut down, and oddly it would automatically turn on after some seconds), but I cant remember for sure.
Yesterday's update was KB2267602 (Version 1.415.520.0), "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus".

Perhaps it could be a good idea to also cross-post this question on the AMD forums? my gut feeling insists its a bug, but at the same time it could be a cope of mine lol.
Ill post the answer here or there however necessary.

EDIT: Forgot to include the motherboard's model in OP, sorry.

Last edited: