Windows update messed up my upload, how to solve??

iwnvh4

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
Hello,
Runing Windows 10 home on an MSI Ageis3 x64, both with wifi AC+enternet working great! but as of lately, it will not upload the full 300Mbps my ISP provides me with :(
The upload is stuck on a max of 30Mbps depending on the router (i tested on two, normally 15Mbps), and a linux live cd can easly upload 300Mpbs via cable. So what the hell is going on?
I tried restting the router, resting Network, reinstalling Windows 10 clean, the problem is not going away! firewall off, nothing! old Windows file is gone, how can I rollback and stay back?

<<Titled edited by moderator. No implied f-bombs, please.>>

iwnvh4

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018

I have, I also downgraded the drivers (wifi+enternet), nothing works :( I will now try safe mode I guess

iwnvh4

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018

Nope, didn't work, but thanks! :) you guys answer fast!

iwnvh4

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018

300, I do have other PCs on the network, they all get 300Mbps down & up. The Ageis used to be able to use 300Mbps easy. One very important thing to mention, is that when sending files within the local network (e.g TeamViewer filetransfer to a local PC via wifi AC, full speed is applied. It is only when uploading to the internet, that my upload speed drops
After yesterday, I am positive that the blame is on the Killer drivers's combination with the Windows updates. I am trying solutions from their site, so far no luck, but I think we are on the the root of the problem :)
https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/kb/faq/6-troubleshooting-killer-ethernet-wireless-drivers-software
plus they are pulling out updates to their hardware on weekly basis almost https://www.killernetworking.com/images/drivers/ReleaseNotes/KillerControlCenter_Release_Notes_1.5.1844.pdf (very bad practice, in my opinion)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You are supposed to get 300/300? From what you show above, I suspect you and getting 300 down and 30 up or 300/30 (with some variation, of course, based on conditions. You should verify your speed of service (what is provisioned) for your account.

Local speeds are limited only by the capability of your local devices, not the external speed of the network.

iwnvh4

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018

They say there:
"-Update the firmware on your router if you own the router.
-Update the firmware on your modem if you own the modem, but only if your ISP accepts the firmware. Your ISP's support team can help you with this. Some ISPs also have this information listed somewhere, but they may need to do something on their end if you update the firmware, in order to re-authorize your modem.
-Have your ISP update the firmware on your modem or router if they own your modem or router."

Are they crazy??? My modem is fine :( Always was! It's new!!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Router firmware updates are common and should be applied when available. They are often provided to deal with security issues. This can be very important.

Modem updates are less common and ISPs often update them without your knowledge or input.

If it was me, I would update my router firmware if an update is available.

iwnvh4

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018
I thank you for your words my friend, but my router is up to date :)
The thing that makes me mad is the fact that when i got this PC all was fine, and now Microsoft pushed stuff that I never asked for to begin with... changed the whole why Killer driver functions, who is to be blamed, and who will solve? MS or Killer Networks??

iwnvh4

Prominent
Jun 2, 2018

The more I look in to this, the more I realized Microsoft messed up both Killer and Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168, Please note these are two separate drivers, right? I am thinking the April update.. 10.0.17134

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MS has certainly caused issues, especially when they send out the major updates. Afterward, there is often a flurry of driver updates for all of the OEMs to account for the change. Unfortunately, this is the price of security these days.

The only option is to not apply the updates, and run the risk of a security breach, or use an alternate (non-MS) OS.