Windows was unable to install your ethernet controller. Cant figure out manufacturer of my ethernet controller

Matt_199

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
just says unknown and cant give me any information on it, if i try to just search the internet for updates it tells me it cant find them and to just go to the manufacturer's website. How am I even suppose to do this? i know my wireless card is 802.11bgn 1T1R wireless adapator from Ralink Technology Corp. but i looked at there drivers for installing and all say something about wireless LAN im confused and just lost on all this, i couple months prior my ethernet port was working fine then something went wrong with my RAM and had to have them replaced, i reset up my computer finally and now it doesnt work.

Solution
Look into properties of your network controller and there look for item hardware ID, there should be description like PCI/VEN_1234 DEV_1234. So enter into google dev 1234 ven 1234 and it should give you out what hardware it is.

Mister_MO

Respectable
Jul 28, 2016
Look into properties of your network controller and there look for item hardware ID, there should be description like PCI/VEN_1234 DEV_1234. So enter into google dev 1234 ven 1234 and it should give you out what hardware it is.

Solution
Your ethernet driver isn't going to be the same driver as your wireless. They are two different drivers. Are you trying to connect by ethernet cable, or by wireless?

Your motherboard manufacturer will have the drivers for both if they are integrated.