[SOLVED] Windows wont boot after upgrading to b550

Jul 15, 2020
I have changed my motherboard from ASROCK ab350m pro to MSI b550m mortar wifi. I have not changed any other parts including the SSD with windows 10 installed. I can only get into BIOS and the boot LED on the board is constant. Using a windows 10 installer usb works but I dont want to lose personal files or have to re-download all my games. Any reason why this board cant boot off my previous windows boot partition? Do I have to clean install windows or is there a BIOS setting I have to change?

Solution
"have changed my motherboard "
"not changed any other parts including the SSD with windows 10 installed "

If its not working, then a clean install is required.
The time to "save" your personal files is before the parts change.

USAFRet

Titan

Solution
Jul 15, 2020

Possibly worded it wrong, perhaps "upgraded" was a better way. IDK. I can still get my personal files quite easy as its only a couple pictures and word documents. Its the 1.5 TB of games I have to re-download on my crap internet connection that I want to avoid. This SSD booted fine when I had I connected it to x570 board last year, what is it about b550 thats preventing from using boot loader?

USAFRet

Titan
Possibly worded it wrong, perhaps "upgraded" was a better way. IDK. I can still get my personal files quite easy as its only a couple pictures and word documents. Its the 1.5 TB of games I have to re-download on my crap internet connection that I want to avoid. This SSD booted fine when I had I connected it to x570 board last year, what is it about b550 thats preventing from using boot loader?
It should at least make the attempt.
What other drives are involved here?