Windows won't boot two hard disk

Shnizer

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Hi everyone

I bought new Motherboard and Cpu and installed to my case.

F?rst time i just start the pc. After Bios ''asus logo'' black screen coming and sayings '' Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device ''

I change the boot priority in bios but i can't help.

I Changing priority on hard disk in boot

I make combinations with sata cables, it can't help again :)

And i setup new windows to pc but same...

I have SSD Harddrive and Mechanical Harddrive

Just with one Disk ( SSD disk ) Windows loads normal. if i plug secondary ( Mechanical Disk )
?ts saying '' Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device ''
Note: This image comes after some bios boot settings.

11vqm9t.png

Win 7 64bit
i7 4820K
1333 MHZ 4 Gb + 2 Gb ( samsung - kingston )
Directcu2 7850
Corsair SSD ls 240 + Samsung 500 Gb ( Mechanical )
Asus x79 Deluxe MB
Thanx

Solution
Hey there again, Shnizer!

Can you please share a screenshot of Disk Management in Windows? I'd suggest you disable the HDD as a boot drive in the boot priority settings in BIOS. Hopefully, this will fix the issue. Otherwise, you might want to consider reinstalling Windows on the SSD altogether. Another important thing that you should do is make sure that the SSD is plugged in the first available SATA III port on the motherboard.

Hope this works. :) Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD
Welcome to the community, Shnizer!

It sounds like you might have a System boot partition on that HDD which is confusing the system. Another issue could be the HDD itself. I'd suggest you try testing it externally via a SATA-to-USB cable + an AC adapter or a docking station. This will allow you to boot into Windows from the SSD properly without the HDD affecting the performance and boot process.
Another troubleshooting alternative would be to use a DOS version of the brand-specific HDD diagnostic tool. This will help you determine the health and SMART status of the hard drive without booting into Windows OS.
Do you have any data stored on that drive? Have you tried plugging the HDD on a different computer or in a different SATA port on the motherboard?

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting.
SuperSoph_WD

Shnizer

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016

First thank you for ur kindly fast answer SuperSph_WD ;)

I got important data on Secondary disk and SSD disk just for the Windows Os.

I tried to Combinating Sata ports, not works.

I will try that diagnostic tool for disks.

And yes ! :) at the installing windows it makes 3 partition... i will format again and will make 1 partition.

Meanwhile. My old motherboard and cpu working i will plug that disks and will test.

Hope problem is fix, thank you.

Shnizer

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016

Hi again
Im copied all important data from HDD ( formatted ) and i tested the HDD, can not find any problems.
After the starting windows with SSD and attach the HDD ( to sata port in mb ) if system running, two disks working... x)

I don't know how to disable that HDD boot.

Hey there again, Shnizer!

Can you please share a screenshot of Disk Management in Windows? I'd suggest you disable the HDD as a boot drive in the boot priority settings in BIOS. Hopefully, this will fix the issue. Otherwise, you might want to consider reinstalling Windows on the SSD altogether. Another important thing that you should do is make sure that the SSD is plugged in the first available SATA III port on the motherboard.

Hope this works. :) Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

Shnizer

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Hi
İ found the problem.

My hardwares working perfectly, Its all about UEFI bios. ( dam to this )

My secondary (HDD) needs format with UEFI motherboard, so windows making new UEFI boot partition for UEFI motherboards.

and Thanks for helping me SuperSoph_WD