Windows won't boot

cptnstylez

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Windows 7 began bsods a couple months ago so, getting more frequent until now it wont boot. Si I have attempted to reinstall windows, all goes well until the final part of installation, th4 the same problems emerges again, bsod at the end of boot right at the end of that suddenly very annoying windows logo. Have tried installing to an older but still functioning harddrive and the same problem. All of this stuff worked fine for years. What can I try? The stuff is WD5000aaks HD, Asus P5WD2-E Premium - Motherboards - ASUSMobo, Nvidia 8800gts 512 graphics card.

Solution
You need to test your components.

I would start with the memory, download THIS and burn it to a CD, then boot your computer from that CD. Allow it to run a couple of passes to test your memory, it should take in the range of an hour and should have no errors if your memory is okay. You can also download test software to check your hard drive, but start with the memory.

RealBeast

Titan
You need to test your components.

I would start with the memory, download THIS and burn it to a CD, then boot your computer from that CD. Allow it to run a couple of passes to test your memory, it should take in the range of an hour and should have no errors if your memory is okay. You can also download test software to check your hard drive, but start with the memory.

Solution