[SOLVED] Windows won't start after installing and ryzen master.

meitou

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
My windows wouldn't start after installing and amd ryzen master. I am able to see the login screen, but after going to the login screen window and typing my password, the screen becomes black and clicking control alt delete causes an error saying there is an issue with Microsoft Windows. This happened right after I installed and amd ryzen master. I'm having to format reinstall my pc.

CPU:3800x
GPU EVGA 2070 super
Mobo: Aorus elite x570

Solution
Ryzen Master is not compatible with Windows 7 and will cause exactly the issue you have. The "simplest" way to fix this is to boot to safe mode and use system restore to go back to a restore point before installing Ryzen Master. When using Windows 7, to enter safe mode, just press F8 on boot up to reach the booting menu and select safe mode. Type system restore in the windows start menu search box and click system restore to open it. Click next to get to the available restore points.

To enter safe mode with Windows 10, you need to start the computer and hit the reset button or power button when it starts to load Windows. Do this three times so that on the fourth boot up it shows the automatic repair menu. Select advanced options, then...
My windows wouldn't start after installing and amd ryzen master. I am able to see the login screen, but after going to the login screen window and typing my password, the screen becomes black and clicking control alt delete causes an error saying there is an issue with Microsoft Windows. This happened right after I installed and amd ryzen master. I'm having to format reinstall my pc.

CPU:3800x
GPU EVGA 2070 super
Mobo: Aorus elite x570
Can you start in safe mode ?

Ryzen Master is not compatible with Windows 7 and will cause exactly the issue you have. The "simplest" way to fix this is to boot to safe mode and use system restore to go back to a restore point before installing Ryzen Master. When using Windows 7, to enter safe mode, just press F8 on boot up to reach the booting menu and select safe mode. Type system restore in the windows start menu search box and click system restore to open it. Click next to get to the available restore points.

To enter safe mode with Windows 10, you need to start the computer and hit the reset button or power button when it starts to load Windows. Do this three times so that on the fourth boot up it shows the automatic repair menu. Select advanced options, then click trouble shoot and then select advanced options. Click system restore to open system restore and click next to get to the available restore points.

Pray that you have a restore point within a couple days of installing Ryzen Master or you will have to do some deep digging in command prompt to fix the issue.

Solution

meitou

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply third-eye, I actually just did a complete format-reinstall as I just had a computer days worth of files on this computer. I actually had to reformat twice because of some driver issues. The first time I reinstalled, I updated Windows first because I like to get the newest security updates. When I did this, and then installed the AMD chipset drivers, it actually took a while for it to configure the home screen (stuck at welcome for 2 minutes) and then the screen was complete black for another 2 minutes. The second time I reinstalled, i actually downloaded the chipset drivers first and did not encounter this problem. I think the issue with that is because Microsoft probably downloaded their own ryzen chipset drivers during the update and this might have had a conflict with AMD's own. Cannot be 100% sure, but for sure I'm going to start installing my hardware drivers first.

TRENDING THREADS