Windows XP home addition

I have 2 problems that I know of on this computer.

One when I try and restore to another time and date, I select the date and
follow the prompts and computer goes through the procedures, shuts down and
restarts, but will not restore to the date and time selected.

@nd, whentrying to sign in as adminstrator in the safe mode, the computer
lights blink as if it is working, but will not start in this mode. It will
start in the owner mode.

What can I do to fix these 2 problems?

If you turn off restore, and restart, you lose all old points, but restore will function after that.

For the admin logon, try SFC.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )
--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509