Windows XP Phone Runs AMD CPU (Specs, Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Why is the dude in the video just pressing enter the whole time? Is that just a powerpoint slideshow of what the thing looks like?

plinkoblinko

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
One word: Overkill

Things like cellphones should be made simpler and easy to use.
I'm sorry but an entire Windows XP OS on a cell phone that's the size of a brick?

Just call it a Ultra Portable Laptop with a built-in phone.

mjello

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
VGA output for monitor and projektor. Yummi :).

Imagine using this little thing as your media center both in your home and your friends place.

Thats what it would need to do for me to be interested.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
A) this thing is kind of big for a lot of people (girls primarily) b) windows xp is nothing but frustrating with a nice easy to use gui running o\/er it. c)nokia n900

ha\/ing said that, it is still interesting and does ha\/e appeal... especially the possibility of running some older windoze games, eg: diablo 1

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Its one step closer having fully functional portable PCs. Pretty soon the guts of the machine will be just a box you keep on your hip or in your pocket and use wireless peripherals with.

dhowie

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]mrddr6[/nom]Does it have any kind of GPU?[/citation]

Of course it does silly, or else you wouldn't see anything on it :]

Maybe you are asking if it has a descent GPU?

michaelzehr

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
"Sorry I couldn't call you back honey, but it's tuesday so there were a number of critical updates to be installed."

(Translation -- no way would I run a phone w/ XP. I prefer a laptop and a simpler always-works phone.)

G

I know I don't like cell phones cause of how small most of them are and especially cause of how small the buttons are.

Hell, that thing is gigantic compared to all other cell phones I've seen and the buttons at least look manageable for my really big hands.

But I really don't see the need for texting and in most cases, I don't see the need to use a phone when away from the home unless it's an emergency or unless you need something. Most phone calls can wait.

But then again, these days most people seem to be glued to their phones where ever they go including when they are driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.