Windows XP won't boot. System Check Malware starts

hcompton

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
I need to know how to boot my computer so I can get rid of this malware program safely. When I press the start button it says I have no programs. Computer is a Compaq Presario 2030NX and is running Windows XP Media Center version with all updates.

Solution
Depends how long you ran the rootkit/virus and how it acted on your system. Best way is a boot device (CD/USB drive, etc..) with a virus/rootkit scanner that can do that. Many new softwares allow for making such CDs. Otherwise if you're going to have a go at it yourself, Safe Mode with no networking is best, unplug NIC from network and any other modems or devices, if internal wireless, block PC name at router.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Depends how long you ran the rootkit/virus and how it acted on your system. Best way is a boot device (CD/USB drive, etc..) with a virus/rootkit scanner that can do that. Many new softwares allow for making such CDs. Otherwise if you're going to have a go at it yourself, Safe Mode with no networking is best, unplug NIC from network and any other modems or devices, if internal wireless, block PC name at router.

Solution