I'm using Windows XP Home Edition and I have a slight problem. I start up my
PC and it shows the Windows XP loading screen and then it just restarts. I
got an article about it, but it says to use the CD but I dont have the CD.
I'm using Boot disks. Has any else had this problem or know to fix it? Thanks.

Try booting into Safe Mode (press the F8 key when powering on, but BEFORE the Windows XP
logo appears). If the Windows XP logo appears, you have gone too far, and must start
again. You might have to press the F8 key a few times, but not enough times to cause a
keyboard error message. A menu will appear. Opt for Safe Mode from that menu. Safe Mode
might seem to take long to load, or seem like your system is hanging, but be patient. You
will finally get to the logon screen. Click on your profile. Just before the Safe Mode
desktop loads, you will be asked if you want to proceed loading the Safe Mode desktop or
go directly to System Restore. Opt for loading the Safe Mode desktop. After the desktop
has loaded, right click the My Computer desktop icon, then left click on Properties. When
the System Properties window opens click on the Advanced tab. Under the heading: Startup
and Recovery click the Settings button. When the System Recovery window opens look for
the heading System Failure, and click to REMOVE the checkmark in the box to the left of
Restart. Then click the OK button at the bottom of the window. Then click the APPLY and
OK buttons in the remaining window. Then exit windows. When you reboot your system,
instead of restarting again and again, hopefully there will be an error message giving the
details for whatever is causing the problem. Post the details of the error message, and
hopefully there will be an easy fix. If you have recently installed a driver for a piece
of hardware, or updated a driver, or have a corrupt driver, or have recently installed
software (with or without your knowledge) that loads on startup, those things can be the
cause, and easily remedied. But, there is not enough information yet. Hopefully the
details of an error message will furnish that.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Z3LDA" <Z3LDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Windows XP Home Edition and I have a slight problem. I start up my
> PC and it shows the Windows XP loading screen and then it just restarts. I
> got an article about it, but it says to use the CD but I dont have the CD.
> I'm using Boot disks. Has any else had this problem or know to fix it? Thanks.

Thank you. I will try it, hopefully it will work. Thanks again.

"t.cruise" wrote:

> Try booting into Safe Mode (press the F8 key when powering on, but BEFORE the Windows XP
> logo appears). If the Windows XP logo appears, you have gone too far, and must start
> again. You might have to press the F8 key a few times, but not enough times to cause a
> keyboard error message. A menu will appear. Opt for Safe Mode from that menu. Safe Mode
> might seem to take long to load, or seem like your system is hanging, but be patient. You
> will finally get to the logon screen. Click on your profile. Just before the Safe Mode
> desktop loads, you will be asked if you want to proceed loading the Safe Mode desktop or
> go directly to System Restore. Opt for loading the Safe Mode desktop. After the desktop
> has loaded, right click the My Computer desktop icon, then left click on Properties. When
> the System Properties window opens click on the Advanced tab. Under the heading: Startup
> and Recovery click the Settings button. When the System Recovery window opens look for
> the heading System Failure, and click to REMOVE the checkmark in the box to the left of
> Restart. Then click the OK button at the bottom of the window. Then click the APPLY and
> OK buttons in the remaining window. Then exit windows. When you reboot your system,
> instead of restarting again and again, hopefully there will be an error message giving the
> details for whatever is causing the problem. Post the details of the error message, and
> hopefully there will be an easy fix. If you have recently installed a driver for a piece
> of hardware, or updated a driver, or have a corrupt driver, or have recently installed
> software (with or without your knowledge) that loads on startup, those things can be the
> cause, and easily remedied. But, there is not enough information yet. Hopefully the
> details of an error message will furnish that.
> --
>
> T.C.
> t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
> Remove [NoSpam] to reply
>

> "Z3LDA" <Z3LDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using Windows XP Home Edition and I have a slight problem. I start up my
> > PC and it shows the Windows XP loading screen and then it just restarts. I
> > got an article about it, but it says to use the CD but I dont have the CD.
> > I'm using Boot disks. Has any else had this problem or know to fix it? Thanks.

Have you tried safe mode yet?
"Z3LDA" <Z3LDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Windows XP Home Edition and I have a slight problem. I start up
my
> PC and it shows the Windows XP loading screen and then it just restarts. I
> got an article about it, but it says to use the CD but I dont have the CD.
> I'm using Boot disks. Has any else had this problem or know to fix it?
Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS