Hi I downloaded service pack 2 of XP and now I think my computer has a virus
and need to re-install my older version pack 1. The problem is my disk will
not boot up when i restart or torn off then on my computer and I dont know
how to format the drive. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated
Thank You.

If you have a windows 98 boot-up disk you can use it to format your hard
drive. Then reload Windows XP using your CD-ROM. You may have to change your
set-up settings to boot-up to the CD-Rom first. Hope it works!!

"Daniel Roberts" wrote:

> Hi I downloaded service pack 2 of XP and now I think my computer has a virus
> and need to re-install my older version pack 1. The problem is my disk will
> not boot up when i restart or torn off then on my computer and I dont know
> how to format the drive. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated
> Thank You.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Why do you have to format the HDD to uninstall SP2.

"Dave & Stacey" wrote:

> If you have a windows 98 boot-up disk you can use it to format your hard
> drive. Then reload Windows XP using your CD-ROM. You may have to change your
> set-up settings to boot-up to the CD-Rom first. Hope it works!!
>
> "Daniel Roberts" wrote:
>
> > Hi I downloaded service pack 2 of XP and now I think my computer has a virus
> > and need to re-install my older version pack 1. The problem is my disk will
> > not boot up when i restart or torn off then on my computer and I dont know
> > how to format the drive. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated
> > Thank You.

Is your PC set to boot from CD-ROM in the BIOS? Visit my website
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look
at question 13. Also for an illustrated guide to installing Windows XP take
a look at question 85

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

"Daniel Roberts" <daniel.roberts87@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi I downloaded service pack 2 of XP and now I think my computer has a
> virus and need to re-install my older version pack 1. The problem is my
> disk will not boot up when i restart or torn off then on my computer and I
> dont know how to format the drive. If anyone can help it would be much
> appreciated Thank You.

TRENDING THREADS