Winrar: The archive is corrupt

AYYLMAOBABY

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Winrar was fine this morning, but I started getting this error message an hour ago. I already tried reinstalling winrar and repairing, but to no avail. I also tried installing different files but I keep getting the "The archive is corrupt" message. How do I fix this?

PC specs:
i5 6500
gtx 960 SC
16GB ddr4 ram
gigabyte h170 gaming 3 mobo

edit:I am using chrome

Solution
Yup odd ! But yup if you get corrupt files again, there's something on your hdd thats doing it.

I dont think its hardware either. However one thing that can give you corrupt files is a rootkit

One way to find out get this (if its not corrupt) then click accept/accept / start scan. If it picks anything it tell it to remove it

Then reboot

AYYLMAOBABY

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

I tried using firefox and I got the message "the file is either in unknown format or damaged". I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem...

AYYLMAOBABY

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

I only had windows defender when the problem started happening a few hours ago. I downloaded bitdefender to scan my pc for any viruses/malware, but my pc seems to be fine. I've downloaded the same files in the past with no complications, but this is the first time happening.