WinXP Home and system32 folder

A friend recently bought a Dell 8300 computer. After booting up,
C:\Windows\system32 folder appears, open on the desktop. Every-time.

I can't find anything in the Start-up folder or in msconfig to account for
this. Can anyone help to stop this happening.

Brian

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086

"Brian K" <iibntgyea4_ remove_this_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> A friend recently bought a Dell 8300 computer. After booting up,
> C:\Windows\system32 folder appears, open on the desktop. Every-time.
>
> I can't find anything in the Start-up folder or in msconfig to account for
> this. Can anyone help to stop this happening.
>
> Brian

All registry entries as described in the Microsoft page appeared OK.

I found this on a web site

"Uncheck /l:eng in the startup list:
1. Click Start, Run
2. Type "msconfig"
3. Click on the startup tab
4. Uncheck /l:eng
5. Click Apply, Close, Restart.
This is added to startup by changes made to the settings in the
SB Audigy 2 Card software."

It worked Chris. Strange.

Brian