bill

I'm have some hardware issues that I think a fresh reinstall might fix.

I want to use Win XP's backup to back up all my data only, no settings.

Which Backup routine should I use?
I want to back up my Data, Explorer Favorites and saved Outlook Express
Mail.

Thanks,
Bill

Why do you think that reinstalling your software will help you with a hardware problem?

Ted Zieglar

"Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message news:eS0q0jmuFHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I'm have some hardware issues that I think a fresh reinstall might fix.
>
> I want to use Win XP's backup to back up all my data only, no settings.
>
> Which Backup routine should I use?
> I want to back up my Data, Explorer Favorites and saved Outlook Express
> Mail.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

bill

I just upgraded my motherboard, cpu, ram and harddrive.
I did a Windows repair install, rather than a full, fresh install.
The only problem I'm having is that Nero won't do a CD Speed Test. I can
burn CD's, so it's not a real problem.

Why do you think that reinstalling your software will help you with a
hardware problem?

Ted Zieglar

"Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm have some hardware issues that I think a fresh reinstall might fix.
>
> I want to use Win XP's backup to back up all my data only, no settings.
>
> Which Backup routine should I use?
> I want to back up my Data, Explorer Favorites and saved Outlook Express
> Mail.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

What did Nero technical support say about it?

Ted Zieglar

"Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message news:OAQfSTnuFHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I just upgraded my motherboard, cpu, ram and harddrive.
> I did a Windows repair install, rather than a full, fresh install.
> The only problem I'm having is that Nero won't do a CD Speed Test. I can
> burn CD's, so it's not a real problem.

> Why do you think that reinstalling your software will help you with a
> hardware problem?
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I'm have some hardware issues that I think a fresh reinstall might fix.
>>
>> I want to use Win XP's backup to back up all my data only, no settings.
>>
>> Which Backup routine should I use?
>> I want to back up my Data, Explorer Favorites and saved Outlook Express
>> Mail.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bill

bill

I'm working with them, no resolve yet. Could be my hardware setup:
Hard Drive on SATA #3
CD-R as Master on IDE1
DVD-R as Master on IDE2
This array is suggested by my motherboard manufacture.
The error I get is that the CD-R logical address is out of range. I can
burn, just can't do a Speed Test. Nero sent me a special Nero uninstall tool
that erases all registry entries. Did it twice. No change.
So, I was going to do a format and Windows re-install, going back to my
concern that a Windows repair install might not have been my wisest choice
after my system upgrade.
Bill
What did Nero technical support say about it?

Ted Zieglar

"Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
>I just upgraded my motherboard, cpu, ram and harddrive.
> I did a Windows repair install, rather than a full, fresh install.
> The only problem I'm having is that Nero won't do a CD Speed Test. I can
> burn CD's, so it's not a real problem.

> Why do you think that reinstalling your software will help you with a
> hardware problem?
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I'm have some hardware issues that I think a fresh reinstall might fix.
>>
>> I want to use Win XP's backup to back up all my data only, no settings.
>>
>> Which Backup routine should I use?
>> I want to back up my Data, Explorer Favorites and saved Outlook Express
>> Mail.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bill

A repair install is the correct procedure after the kind of hardware changes
you made. Do a clean install if you like, but keep in mind that it won't
make any difference if your problem is due to hardware.
--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

> I'm working with them, no resolve yet. Could be my hardware setup:
> Hard Drive on SATA #3
> CD-R as Master on IDE1
> DVD-R as Master on IDE2
> This array is suggested by my motherboard manufacture.
> The error I get is that the CD-R logical address is out of range. I can
> burn, just can't do a Speed Test. Nero sent me a special Nero uninstall
tool
> that erases all registry entries. Did it twice. No change.
> So, I was going to do a format and Windows re-install, going back to my
> concern that a Windows repair install might not have been my wisest choice
> after my system upgrade.
> Bill
> What did Nero technical support say about it?
>
> Ted Zieglar
>
> "Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
> >I just upgraded my motherboard, cpu, ram and harddrive.
> > I did a Windows repair install, rather than a full, fresh install.
> > The only problem I'm having is that Nero won't do a CD Speed Test. I can
> > burn CD's, so it's not a real problem.
> >
> > "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
> > Why do you think that reinstalling your software will help you with a
> > hardware problem?
> >
> > Ted Zieglar
> >
> > "Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> I'm have some hardware issues that I think a fresh reinstall might fix.
> >>
> >> I want to use Win XP's backup to back up all my data only, no settings.
> >>
> >> Which Backup routine should I use?
> >> I want to back up my Data, Explorer Favorites and saved Outlook Express
> >> Mail.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Bill

bill

ok.
Thanks,
Bill
>A repair install is the correct procedure after the kind of hardware
>changes
> you made. Do a clean install if you like, but keep in mind that it won't
> make any difference if your problem is due to hardware.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I'm working with them, no resolve yet. Could be my hardware setup:
>> Hard Drive on SATA #3
>> CD-R as Master on IDE1
>> DVD-R as Master on IDE2
>> This array is suggested by my motherboard manufacture.
>> The error I get is that the CD-R logical address is out of range. I can
>> burn, just can't do a Speed Test. Nero sent me a special Nero uninstall
> tool
>> that erases all registry entries. Did it twice. No change.
>> So, I was going to do a format and Windows re-install, going back to my
>> concern that a Windows repair install might not have been my wisest
>> choice
>> after my system upgrade.
>> Bill
>> "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> What did Nero technical support say about it?
>>
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>> "Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message
>> >I just upgraded my motherboard, cpu, ram and harddrive.
>> > I did a Windows repair install, rather than a full, fresh install.
>> > The only problem I'm having is that Nero won't do a CD Speed Test. I
>> > can
>> > burn CD's, so it's not a real problem.
>> >
>> > "Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Why do you think that reinstalling your software will help you with a
>> > hardware problem?
>> >
>> > Ted Zieglar
>> >
>> > "Bill" <billschmitt@cox.net> wrote in message

look at the tutorials here.

www.thisoldpc.net

The one over backup is in macromedia video format.