[SOLVED] Wired Mouse Input Lag on Windows 10!

Dec 5, 2020
Hello, what is up you guys? I have been having issues recently, on this new PC. I don't know what it could be? If I leave my mouse idle for about 10 seconds, it will not input any movement for about a second after being moved, then it will input it, it is not lagging, as the computer doesn't detect any movement for about a second, which is strange to me. My CPU is low, so it cannot be that. My GPU is up to date with software (AMD). I've tried the mouse with the razer synapse software, however it makes no difference and still proceeds to lag. The mouse I'm using is a Razer Abyssus V2 at 500hz.

I've tried other mice, including one of the same make and model, yet the problem still persists. I've tried changing power plans to most advanced, and have disabled USB's from disabling devices to save power in device manager. I am not sure what else to do or what it could be? I've also tried other ports. Anyone else had this issue? Thanks.

Solution
Huh...this is an odd one. From what you said, "I've tried other mice..." Does this mean various other brands? I only ask that because you'd also mentioned you tried the same make and model. I'm going to assume the answer is Yes to the other brands and go with that the problem exists with those as well. I confess that I've never heard of this issue before.

It shouldn't be this easy, but since computers are stupid from time to time with things like this...maybe try updating the USB drivers for your specific motherboard brand/model? As weird as that sounds, those drivers do exist and might have an effect that way.

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
Huh...this is an odd one. From what you said, "I've tried other mice..." Does this mean various other brands? I only ask that because you'd also mentioned you tried the same make and model. I'm going to assume the answer is Yes to the other brands and go with that the problem exists with those as well. I confess that I've never heard of this issue before.

It shouldn't be this easy, but since computers are stupid from time to time with things like this...maybe try updating the USB drivers for your specific motherboard brand/model? As weird as that sounds, those drivers do exist and might have an effect that way.

Solution