Wired VGA to HDMI adapter/converter not working with Roku TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2018
O.K., I have seen similar treads but none were solved or the solution didn't work for me.
Here's what I'm working with:

Laptop: Dell Latitude E6500 with Windows 10
VGA Cord: Standard w/Screws
Adapter/Converter: GE VGA to HDMI adapter 33588 (says it works as a converter)
TV: TCL 32" Roku TV (smart tv)

So, the computer says it's registering to both available Roku connections (Roku TV and Roku Media Device), but it says not connected on both. The Tv says "No Signal".

The only thing I know for sure is that my laptop doesn't support Miracast, but I thought that was for wireless mirroring, and I'm trying use a wired connection.

Thank you for any help!

This is the connection device I'm using with the VGA cord:
b080f0f6-0004-4d08-94dd-32cbf5571b2a_1.68ed847b2d77ff74bba4a76922adb6ec.jpeg

As Emerald said. that adapter is to turn an HDMI source and allow it to work with a VGA monitor. It will not take a VGA source and display it on in HDMI monitor.

Also are you trying to connect the laptop to display on a TV (that happens to have roku built in) or are you trying to display roku on your laptop?
If it is the latter then that will not work even with a new laptop, as laptops can only send video display out, not receive video display in from another device.

Aug 9, 2018

Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Aug 9, 2018

It's a Roku TV by TCL, it even says it on the front corner of the tv. It's a Smart TV w/ Roku built-in. And yes I'm trying to view the computer screen on the TV so my streaming picture is bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.