Wireless connection for my home desktop

Nubber

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
My apartment is within a "hot spot," which probably is due to a neighbor having access to a wireless network. Now my girlfriend discovered this when her Apple notebook (using her Airport) amazingly connected to the internet at my place.

My question: how can I take advantage of this pleasant surprise? What hardware is required?

I'm very new to this wireless stuff but I'm not new to computers by any means. I don't have any hardware for the wireless network. I'm currently using a 56K modem, which is sooooooooooooo slow.

My computer:

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.33 GHz. 128 MB DDRAM.

Thanks in advance

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
""how can I take advantage of this pleasant surprise? "" - any way you'll chooze.

""What hardware is required?"" - probably same as hers ;)

""AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.33 GHz. 128 MB DDRAM"" - you forgot to mention the main thing in it, which is ""modem"".

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, that if there will be ""if"" option, which is in apartment complex is not an easy thing with wireless, coz you'll have to go and check each unit "fizically" in order to find the ""intruder"", but on the other hand, there is always the chance that the ""if"" might apply to you at any time you have no intention to even think about it ;)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...