Question Wireless Keyboards & Process of Installing Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarsColonist

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
If you have a bluetooth wireless keyboard, the way I'm used to setting that up of course as a Windows user is you go to "Bluetooth Devices" in the system tray, click "open settings," then find the bluetooth keyboard in the list of devices you can connect there and select the option to connect to it with your PC.

However, I'm imagining a situation where I'm setting up a freshly built PC for the first time by installing a Linux distro such as Pop OS or Mint. So, assuming Linux works like Windows and I need to find the device in bluetooth settings in order to set it up prior to use, it seems like I wouldn't be able to do this somehow BEFORE Linux is properly installed (or during the actual installation), right? (Because I can't go to bluetooth settings or whatever the Linux equivalent of that is prior to the installation of the OS).

But recalling my experience installing Windows, I seem to recall needing the keyboard to complete the process.

Does this mean I should have a WIRED non-bluetooth keyboard & mouse ready to use before I attempt to install Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.