Question Wireless network not working

arpitjjw

Commendable
Jun 24, 2019
I always connect to internet on my Laptop through wifi . So I was playing Valorant and suddenly my screen froze . I was not even able to open task manager . So I pressed and hold the power key to force shut down Windows . When I started my laptop again I was still able to connect to my wifi but was not able to open any website on chrome or use any online service on my windows 10 (there is no internet ) . The wifi shows the device name and 'Connected , secured' . Wifi is working on other devices . I tried connecting my mobile hotspot to my laptop wifi , it connects successfully but there is no internet. It shows 'Connected , secured ' and NOT ' connected , no internet '( does not show this) . I have used my mobile data as hotspot for my laptop in the past and never faced such a problem .
I reset the wireless network adapter , I tried several ipconfig commands (suggested on windows forums) , I even uninstalled the Intel dual band wireless ac 3168 and restarted but the problem didnt go away . Is my wireless card (hardware damaged ) maybe due to heating ? Is it somehow related to Valorant stopping abruptly. I have no antivirus installed and use windows defender .

arpitjjw

Commendable
Jun 24, 2019
Windows edge solved the problem 😂. While all the other browsers showed 'Cannot connect to internet ' windows edge showed 'Problem with proxy settings ' clicking on the error took me to the proxy settings where I disabled 'Use a Proxy Server' . Still I am puzzled how did it enable itself automatically . I have never visited the proxy settings before

TRENDING THREADS