Wireless portion of MN500 dead

toml

I have been having trouble with my MN500 today. I can
connect using my wired ports but my wireless network is
no longer visible from any of my wireless systems. Is
there a way to determine whether or not the wireless
portion of the AP is dead?

I can see all the other wireless networks in the
neighborhood except mine.

There is a setting to turn wireless on or off. I would
check that right away. It's under "wireless" check to
enable then check all other setting including SSID and CH#,
last but not least WEP key.

Joe

I have wireless enabled and security disabled at this
point. Thanks for the check points, though.

The system came back alive last night for about an hour
and then sputtered out. Sputtered as in it was there for
a minute, then disappeared, then returned for a
minute...for about 5 or six cycles. Now it is gone
again. Something like an intermittent connection. My
wired connections from the hub don't do this. What in
the world is going on with this thing!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TomL

I am experiencing the same problem since Monday, March
21. The wireless networting was working fine for the
past 3 years, and it just suddenly stopped working.

Does disabling security keep you connected wireless?

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Did you reset the router? I experienced the same problem with a friend
MN500. I completely reset the router and re-entered the settings and all
was well.

Later,

Randy