Wireless printer and wireless laptop

G

Hello,
I have a wireless and wired network using a wired/wireless router. Everytime I use the printer when my laptop is turned off, I am unable to geet online with the laptop afterwards. I turn off the printer even, but I have to physically unplug the att router and the network router before I am able to connect to the internet. Is there a solution to this problem? I use windows vista on the laptop and windows xp on the desktop. I use Explorer 8 on both. I also have a MAC OS10 connected to the network.

Hello,
I have a wireless and wired network using a wired/wireless router. Everytime I use the printer when my laptop is turned off, I am unable to geet online with the laptop afterwards. I turn off the printer even, but I have to physically unplug the att router and the network router before I am able to connect to the internet. Is there a solution to this problem? I use windows vista on the laptop and windows xp on the desktop. I use Explorer 8 on both. I also have a MAC OS10 connected to the network.

Sounds like an IP address issue so you might benefit from allocating a static IP for the printer in csae it's taking over the one usually used by the laptop. If you post the make and model of the printer, someone will doubtless know the way to change the IP address.[/#000ff]