[SOLVED] Wireless to ethernet bridge

Mar 30, 2019
Hi
I have a Polycom HDX8000 video conf unit.
It only has a RJ45 ethernet port and the office only has wireless.
I am using a Huawei mobile wifi hotspot, it works as it has a RJ45, but the data use is huge and way exceed my data plan.
So I think I need a wireless to ethernet bridge:.
Any recommendations or solutions?

Thanks
Dave

Solution
The used to sell gaming adapters and similar units for tv. These are what are called a client-bridge. This is different than the other form of bridge that lets a router act as a AP. These units are hard to get mostly because you can now get a "extender/repeater" for about the same price.

Most repeaters can be configure to not actaully repeat the signal and act as a simple client bridge. You can still get client-bridge units but most are used for outdoor use. The of course will work indoors.
The used to sell gaming adapters and similar units for tv. These are what are called a client-bridge. This is different than the other form of bridge that lets a router act as a AP. These units are hard to get mostly because you can now get a "extender/repeater" for about the same price.

Most repeaters can be configure to not actaully repeat the signal and act as a simple client bridge. You can still get client-bridge units but most are used for outdoor use. The of course will work indoors.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS