Question Wireless USB wifi adapter has under 100kbps speed

k1dfue

Prominent
Sep 4, 2022
hi,

I have a tplink TL-WA855RE repeater on the ground floor repeated from the main router with a 50mbps internet

on the 2nd floor my phone and a desktop PC with a tplink usb wifi adapter TL-WN725N are connected to the repeater

my phone has at least a 10mbps internet speed but the problem is my desktop pc has only under 100kbps internet speed

Would anybody have an idea how to improve the internet speed of my desktop pc?

Lutfij

Titan
Which port on your motherboard is the TL-WN725N connected to? Perhaps if you tried moving the USB adapter to a point that's closer to the repeater and free of obstruction(line of sight wise). Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS are you on?

k1dfue

Prominent
Sep 4, 2022
Which port on your motherboard is the TL-WN725N connected to? Perhaps if you tried moving the USB adapter to a point that's closer to the repeater and free of obstruction(line of sight wise). Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS are you on?
usb wifi is at the back plugged on the motherboard itself, asus prime a320m-k motherboard, bios version 6062 , im on windows 10

Last edited: