Wiring an ATA system to an intercom system.

najinmurad2005

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018
Hello! In our business, we have a built in intercom system in the ceiling. Our phone company provided us an ATA system which changes the VoIP signal to landline, because of the old analog intercom system. After dialing the extension of the intercom and ensuring I wired everything correctly, all I hear is loud buzzes and beeping. Based on my computer experience, I'm guessing that because of the fact that there isn't any audio card to translate the audio, but I'm not sure. If that's the case, is there such thing as an audio card that can function without an computer? Or is there another solution?

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

Link does not seem to work.

Screen response is:
-------------

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Make sure you’ve typed the URL correctly, or try searching Vimeo. You could also watch one of the videos below instead.

---------------

Also can you provide a simple sketch showing the devices and connections that have been connected?

najinmurad2005

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018
Can you open Apple Mail Drop?:

https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?...JfuNrlH8ocQ5mv9XWw&f=IMG_2277.MOV&sz=32594745

I'm not at the location right now, but the here is the best diagram I can make.

VoIP Switch - VoIP to Landline Gateway - Landline plug (striped and wired to right stereo cable) - Sound Input box.

I connect an old radio I found in the back to the stereo input without any converter and the music played fine, therefore ensuring the wiring is correct.