[SOLVED] WMR error 4-1 (Device Error : 0x80040203 : E_DEVICE_USB_SPEED_TOO_SLOW)

Vladi Khachaturian

Commendable
Nov 15, 2020
Hey!
Just got a Lenovo Explorer, but can't use it, im stuck with error 4-1 "Check your USB cable"

Headset is connected to usb 3.0 and in the device manager properties it says "headset is working fine", but at the same time below i have this code:
"Device Error : 0x80040203 :
E_DEVICE_USB_SPEED_TOO_SLOW"

Im not sure what is wrong, i have two usb 3.0 ports on my motherboard and nothing else is plugged to them, only the headset.
MB Gigabyte B85M-HD3.

Thanks in advance!!!

Solution
The card I linked was just an example, but you could install any PCI-Ex1/PCI-Ex4 card in the lower PCI-Ex16 slot of your board.
I'm as much in the dark as you are. Your motherboard supports USB3.0 and the Lenovo requires USB3.0 so it SHOULD work.

Go into Device Manager and expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers tree
Right-click USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) and select properties. Go to the Driver tab and tell me the Driver Date and Version.

-Wolf sends

Vladi Khachaturian

Commendable
Nov 15, 2020
Are you using any kind of extension cables for the headset? If not, then the only thing I can think of is that your motherboard's USB3 ports are not up to snuff. Is there any chance you could get a USB3.0 expansion card?

Something like this:
Rosewill USB 3.0 expansion card

-Wolf sends

Edit: What BIOS version are you running with that motherboard?
Nope, im not using any extension cables.
I was thinking about getting a PCI card, but it seems like my graphic card is covering these PCIx4 ports xD
But i have a front panel with usb 3.0 connected to motherboard with usb 3.0 20-pin cable, also without any extension.
But speed is low too.

Wolfshadw

Titan
The card I linked was just an example, but you could install any PCI-Ex1/PCI-Ex4 card in the lower PCI-Ex16 slot of your board.
I'm as much in the dark as you are. Your motherboard supports USB3.0 and the Lenovo requires USB3.0 so it SHOULD work.

Right-click USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) and select properties. Go to the Driver tab and tell me the Driver Date and Version.

-Wolf sends

Solution

Vladi Khachaturian

Commendable
Nov 15, 2020

-Wolf sends
So i have version 10.0.19041.964 of 22.04.2021.
Also i have a regular PCI slot that i can use, i will try to find a card that supports this slot.