Question Wondering if i fried my new motherboard by flipping the "power sw" connector or by not using the standoffs

telgou

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2015
Hello, this is my second time building a pc.
I have bought a new Motherboard : Asus h610m A D4 and CPU: I3 12100f to install.

i finished the build, after struggling a bit with connecting the "power led" + and - "power sw" and "hdd led" +and -

The pc turned on for a second, power led turned on then it shut down. Now it's not turning on, I don't know if I messed up something and this is pissing me off because if i did returning the motherboard will probably be a nightmare because retailers in my country aren't the best customer friendly type and i don't know if i will get an instant replacement, wait for the mobo to be sent overseas to be repaired or told that i was at fault.

Here is the way the cables are connected now: https://postimg.cc/RNjfwqVq

The pc case is an old Aerocool Xpredator X2, at first i had switched the orange and white cable places.
Then i realized that the orange is where there is a black arrow(i read that it indicates the +)

After searchimg here ,I have now realized that i also screwed up by dismounting the standoffs i was using.
I remounted them, tried turning on the pc(only had cpu installed+ 24 pin and 8pin+power led, hdd led and the power sw) but to no avail.

I do not know what to do, did i fry when i mistakingly flipped the power sw connector or by not using the standoffs.
I don't know how will i even be able to deal with the retailer, will the manufacturer know that i was the one at fault and decline replacing or even repairing the motherboard if it's under warranty ?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What GPU are you using?

The power SW is unlikely to do anything; the switch just completes a circuit. The standoffs is more serious. Have you tried breadboarding things outside your case?

If you did fry the board, it's not really a return situation anyway. Depending on exactly how it died, they may. If you're sure that you damaged the board, I will not counsel you to commit criminal fraud.

telgou

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2015
What GPU are you using?
gtx 1650S
The power SW is unlikely to do anything; the switch just completes a circuit. The standoffs is more serious. Have you tried breadboarding things outside your case?

If you did fry the board, it's not really a return situation anyway. Depending on exactly how it died, they may. If you're sure that you damaged the board, I will not counsel you to commit criminal fraud.
No i have not tried that.
But can a person know the one responsible for damaging the product if there was no sign ?
I didn't see any light spark, i didn't smell any fumes nor was there any burning marks on the case.