[SOLVED] Wondering what pc specs I would need for heavily modded minecraft

Aug 26, 2019
Looking to build a mid range PC for about $800 that can record gamecapture, upload videos and produce 1080p 60 fps in modded minecraft
Thanks -Epic Gamer;)

Last edited:
Solution
In other words, there's no one-size-fits-all pc. If you want all the performance, you'll need 2x or even 3x that budget. So you'll need to cut some drastic corners to get anything.

Personally I'd be looking more towards a 9400f /1660ti or 5700 with 32gb of ram and a Crucial P1 1Tb.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I have done modded mc 400+ mods and biggest resource demand is RAM. GPU and CPU do not need to be the best but my RAM usage was 100% of 16G while doing this
Shaders count as mods, and if they plan on using shaders, then GPU will definitely matter.
Also higher resolution texture packs mean more GPU power is needed as well to run 60fps or more at 1080p. depends entirely on what mods they are going to use and if any of them are graphical or not that would require more GPU horsepower.

Furthermore, they want to record footage and do video editing, so yeah, RAM is important, but so is CPU at that point too.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
In other words, there's no one-size-fits-all pc. If you want all the performance, you'll need 2x or even 3x that budget. So you'll need to cut some drastic corners to get anything.

Personally I'd be looking more towards a 9400f /1660ti or 5700 with 32gb of ram and a Crucial P1 1Tb.

Solution