Question Wondering what this potentiometer controls on this board, Its a Mean Well LOP-500-27 without variable voltage.

if you don´t know it, leave it, replace it. Too dangerous to adjust while hot wired, if you don´t know what you are doing.

what´s the naming of the connector beside and the potentiometer on the board?

Most likely the fan spin rate, voltage to the fan will be controlled by it. is the voltage rating of the fans identical?

reaper89971

Prominent
Jun 2, 2023
if you don´t know it, leave it, replace it. Too dangerous to adjust while hot wired, if you don´t know what you are doing.

Most likely the fan spin rate, voltage to the fan will be controlled by it. is the voltage rating of the fans identical?
https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=LOP-500

The connector beside the Potentiometer is a function connector of some kind. I don't know what goes there. There is a name for the connector but not for what plugs into it. This is the name of the connector:

Function Connector(CN3): TKP DH2I-2X2 or equivalent

The fan i plugged in is 12v .37 amps but its just ticks and won't turn on. The fan made for it is 12v 0.08 amps or 0.12 amps. But it is suppost to go up to 0.5 amps. I used a fan under .5 amps but it wont work. The pdf says something about .02 amps without a fan but doesn't tell you how to set this power supply to use a fan.

It says that it runs at 320 watts without fan. But with a fan it will run at 500 watts. But there is no switch so maybe the Potentiometer turns up the wattage or amperage or something.

Im going to buy an amperage tester and hook that to the power supply and see what amperage it is at. I want to know if i am getting 320 watts or 500 watts.

There pdf is pretty useless in my opinion the diagrams don't match my board

reaper89971

Prominent
Jun 2, 2023

https://www.bourns.com/docs/Product-Datasheets/3362.pdf

I found the pdf on the trimmer it only adjust 0.5 watts so that cant be the actual power supply trimmer. It must be for the fan for sure. Or at least that is what the pdf above suggest

take a look at the above pdf and tell me if i am wrong. It says it adjust 10% or .5 watts

You are bound and determined to earn that Darwin Award aren't you? This is NOT something that you as an amateur should even be involved with. Obtain the services of a professional. Either that or have both the Fire Department and EMS on speed dial.

TRENDING THREADS