Workbench Suggestion

reebo

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I'm re-doing a spare room and want to add a decent workbench. I have about 5ish feet, but can be flexible between 4 and 6. Mostly it's for laying out a PC, stripping it and building new ones. Pegboard overhead is a big plus. Room for tools, misc repair work, cable channels would be swell.
Hopefully somewhat attractive, this is an interior room, so not aiming at 2x4s nailed together to make a frame and dropping a fiberboard on top :)
I figured before I try and find one from scratch I'd ask the folks here for suggestions on a good workbench for tech heads.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
shopping

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
One of my friends made a nice desk/workstation using file cabinets of a (near) desired height and then using kitchen countertop for the top. It's sturdy, works well, easy to clean. You can mount your own pegboard along the wall behind. Should be fairly inexpensive.

If u are going to be doing lots of building, by God's safe buy a cordless screwdriver. It annoys me to no end watching these utubers working on their PCs and using manual screwdrivers, like "watch my knives skills!" [rolleyes]. A lazy susan will also help.