World of Warcraft Cataclysm Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewcutter

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
that 176 page art book is nice. along with the game this is worth 80 dollars i think. If you buy a game , art book, and the deck of cards sep im sure that the cost would be more than 80. at least they are not selling it for 120

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomtompiper[/nom]A fool and his money are easily parted.[/citation]

What's really sad is that Blizzard is going to sell a ton of these...

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Rancifer7[/nom]There seems to be something wrong with his mouth...[/citation]

yes the lower jaw is longer than the upper jaw

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]But if someone wants to start to play today, do you have to but the original wow, and all the extensions ?[/citation]

You don't have to buy any expansions to play right now. Also, you don't need all of the expansions.

adikos

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
im sure my wife and i will pick up one CE and one SE, did for all the previous wows and sc2. while it is pricey, blizzard always has decent CE versions, and over the years ive seen some weak collector editions of other games.

besides its not like you have to buy a CE version.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
you dont even have to buy the game, just download the client and pay the monthly. ive been doing it for years. i download it once a year or so and try it to see if its worth it and it still bores the shit outta me so i delete it. had a private server that wasnt bad but its still not something i would pay 15$ a month for, thats just crazy.

G

Seems they keep increasing the prices on their games with each new release, first $60 for the human campaign on StarcraftII, now $80 for a collector's edition. Can't wait for their new MMO, I'm going to guess it'll go for $90 normal and $120 CE?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Server updates have already been taken care of in recent maintainances. Last expansion took them about 2 months from upgrading servers to actually launching the game. I expect it'll take longer this time, but guessing october or november at the latest.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]Tomtompiper[/nom]A fool and his money are easily parted.[/citation]

Even as a so called "anti-WoW" person, I must say they're actually getting a decent value here, assuming the extra content interests you. Minus the stupid and useless pets (over it now though, *insert space goat motorcycle etc meme here*. I can't wait to see what the D3 collectors edition will look like, pretty much going to buy it right off the bat. I still have my Guild Wars collector edition...

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]yes the lower jaw is longer than the upper jaw[/citation]
Deathwing's body is barely able to withstand his own power, so he's having goblins to weld metal plates to his body. He's one bada** mofo!

Blizzard knows how to get their customers hooked. If WoW isn't already addictive enough, they're throwing in CCG trading cards! Or, as I used to call them, Cardboard Crack Game.

gibdo

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]But if someone wants to start to play today, do you have to but the original wow, and all the extensions ?[/citation]

No. The content will be there. You'll have 4.0 regardless of whether you bought BC/WotLK/Cata. You just won't have access to it.

partytime

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]At I'll be able to sport my mounts in Azeroth. x51-nether-rocket X-treme[/citation]

Humm... World of Diablo????? ;-) I still wont buy it though. LOL

ltm

Distinguished
May 3, 2010

For this xpac you do need the original and the other 2 xpacs. To start playing today you just need the original which gives you access to lvl 1-60

Status
Not open for further replies.