News World's Fastest SFF Graphics Card Hits Retail

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
If this was $300 dollars as opposed to $1250+ I might consider it as my PC only has 1 6-pin PCIe connector but at $1250+ I could build an entirely new PC for that price.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I really like this. It's a shame gamer GPUs aren't made like this. Not everyone wants a triple fan, 4 slot, over-designed, logo-covered, energy-gulping, limited VRAM, RGB GPU designed to fit in an eATX case.

Low power consumption, lots of CUDA cores, and compact size are all good attributes. This is also one of the rare examples of Nvidia providing sufficient VRAM. Shame that they've set the price at a consumer-hostile level. Corporations and governments will probably snap these things up without much hesitation. I hope to see more products like this. Half-height, dual-slot cards can fit in some very compact mATX and mini-ITX builds.

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
This just shows what's possible when you want to. But it's still terrible card for SFF gaming. It has too much RAM, not that I'd complain, but that increases power consumption, size of board, and price, while benefits would be zero in gaming. This card with say 12GB RAM, shorter board, WAY smaller cooler, and a 300$ price would be a great SFF card. As is, it's a gimmick for weird pros that have money but don't have space for a bigger PC, which would be funny

Firestone

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2015
As is, it's a gimmick for weird pros that have money but don't have space for a bigger PC, which would be funny
Lol that would be me, it's what you get when you live in small apartment settings.

I'm pretty excited for this card even though it's still not enough VRAM. But the prospect of sub-mITX sized workstations capable of AI and ML is pretty cool. Combine this with a Ryzen 7950X and a set of the new 2x48GB DDR5 and you could have a really fun tiny system.

Apr 19, 2023
My company has bought a number of these last gen Small Form Factor RTX A2000 6GB, 70 watt, cards. They've been great for all the SFF Dell PC's we've bought over the years, but need them to do more now. When a 4 year old SFF Dell PC has an i9-9900k, 64GB, 2TB M.2, but an AMD RX550, we're expecting we can get another 3-5 years of life out of the PC by upgrading it with a RTX A2000 card. Up until today, it's been the fastest card you can buy at 70W or less. These A2000 cards all came with (4) Mini DisplayPort to Displayport connectors, (I have a box full of them) so the article is probably wrong in assuming you'll have to buy them. I bet (4) of them come in the box with every new card in the next generation too.

Last edited:
I really like this. It's a shame gamer GPUs aren't made like this. Not everyone wants a triple fan, 4 slot, over-designed, logo-covered, energy-gulping, limited VRAM, RGB GPU designed to fit in an eATX case.

Low power consumption, lots of CUDA cores, and compact size are all good attributes. This is also one of the rare examples of Nvidia providing sufficient VRAM. Shame that they've set the price at a consumer-hostile level. Corporations and governments will probably snap these things up without much hesitation. I hope to see more products like this. Half-height, dual-slot cards can fit in some very compact mATX and mini-ITX builds.
nah gaming GPU need bigger power so those power supply maker can get more sales. well joke aside i'm interested this one being tested in games like A2000 before.

sickbrains

Honorable
Oct 6, 2017
How does this compare to the regular ampere RTX A4000? I think this has less bandwidth but way better tensor core performance. Still really impressive for 70 watts tho!

mo_osk

Reputable
Nov 13, 2020
As is, it's a gimmick for weird pros that have money but don't have space for a bigger PC, which would be funny

The simpler, more depressing, reason for this card to exist at this price is that sometimes an SFF GPU is the only way out of procurement hell. When you can throw whatever money at an "accessory" but you're stuck with <Mod Edit> unbalanced configuration for the desktops this is an easy way out the trouble that can be buying a specific configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderfull piece of garbage. RTX 3070 like - performance (still to be check/seen), at a higher price tag than the RTX 4080 ..... really nvidia?

What other great idea will the gr$$n team have to rob the buyers? some of them really loyal ones.

GPU industry/market its nuts. One can understand, at some level, that makers and AIBs want to keep making as much moeny as when the mining boom was a thing, but thats not the case anymore.

Sadly worldwide economy still a mess and some people barely gets to he end of the month. So this prices are imposible to a whole lot of people.

Rakanyshu

Distinguished
What a wonderfull piece of garbage. RTX 3070 like - performance (still to be check/seen), at a higher price tag than the RTX 4080 ..... really nvidia?

What other great idea will the gr$$n team have to rob the buyers? some of them really loyal ones.

GPU industry/market its nuts. One can understand, at some level, that makers and AIBs want to keep making as much moeny as when the mining boom was a thing, but thats not the case anymore.

Sadly worldwide economy still a mess and some people barely gets to he end of the month. So this prices are imposible to a whole lot of people.
well its a workstation card thwy have always been expensive and not suitable for consumer or gamers...

Reactions: TJ Hooker

sickbrains

Honorable
Oct 6, 2017

I think it's the ECC upcharge + Workstation tax + VRAM allowance + SFF accessibility which causes these absurd prices! They could probably charge $500 and still have great margins but that ain't the leather jacket way!

Reactions: TJ Hooker