Question Worried my AIO is faulty

Hucka2

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
Problem is that when my CPU hits 80C, my AIO pump speed (not the AIO fans I guess) increases very substantially and that gives these very loud noises, it's a very specific kinda sound

Is this normal or not? I thought AIO pumps are NOT supposed to be very loud even at 100%, meanwhile my AIO pump runs at 50% up until 80C then goes to 80% iirc

People tell me they run their AIO at 100% all the time and they cannot hear it even then. I can't imagine running mine at 100%, it would sound like a jet engine

**7900x, Deepcool LT720, stock AIO fans,** also the Infinity Mirror doesn't have LED on it which apparently it SHOULD

Last edited:

Hucka2

Prominent
Jun 25, 2022
How is the AIO mounted and oriented in your chassis? Speaking of chassis, what is the make and model of the case? Ambient room air temps? Orientation of your fans?
The AIO radiator is mounted to the top of the pc

Chassis as in case, Phanteks Eclipse G500A

About 22C-ish currently

3 intake, 3 exhaust on top, 1 exhaust in the back, all are 120mm stock fans

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am intrigued by your statements about the PUMP speed because this system does NOT expect you yo do ANY control of pump speed. It is intended to operate at full speed all the time.

You have not told us what MOBO you are using and WHERE the Pump and rad fans are plugged in. So for the moment I will assume your mobo has a CPU_FAN header plus a CPU_OPT header. OR, you have a CPU_FAN header and a AIO_PUMP header. If you do NOT have either of those sets, post back here.

IF you have a CPU_FAN and an AIO_PUMP header, then plug the PUMP into the AIO_PUMP header, and the rad fans (using the Splitter supplied) into the CPU_FAN header.

IF you have a CPU_FAN and a CPU_OPT header, plug the PUMP into the CPU_FAN, and the rad fans (via Splitter) to CPU_OPT.

Now you need to ensure the pump gets full 12 VDC power so it can run full speed at all times. IF you have the AIO_PUMP header to use, normally it can NOT be set to give less than full power to the pump. BUT some mobos had a header that can be configured to use either as a PUMP header OR as a case fan header. IF you have that, be sure to set it to feed a PUMP.

IF you have the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT system, go into each of those two headers in BIOS SETUP and look for a setting for the header MODE. Normally that include Voltage Control (aka DC) Mode, PWM Mode, and often Automatic. For BOTH headers set this option to PWM Mode. For the PUMP on CPU_FAN, this will provide the fixed 12 VDC power supply it needs. (The Auto Mode will NOT do this properly!) For the rad fans on the CPU_OPT header this will provide full control of their speeds as required for CPU cooling.

Reactions: CountMike