worst luck ever please help me

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imowfaces

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
Ok hopefully I can get some help here haven't been so lucky. Anyway ill start ok so last aug I bought a open box from newegg i7 3820 asrock x79 extreme4 was a cyberpower, was fine till now. I've made upgrades along the way started with a new psu then gpu(vapor x7970)

Then last week I ordered a bunch of parts switch 810, swifttech h220, gskill sniper and a gtx 780 acx .

Now here's my bad luck kicking in. I've been noticing my comp would start then quickly reboot prior to the new parts so Sat I switch cases and put nf-F12s in ran fine. On monday I put h220 in and the sniper ram in go to boot up I get a power loop turns out missed a standoff. Go to try again now that I fixed that error 19 that was last night today try it after getting some advice to try new ram it wouldn't boot at all. Took it down to just mobo and psu it wouldn't power on at all psu fan would try to spin that's it.

My question is do I try to replace the mother board or I have a extra 3570k on the way, on a best buy CC and buy a mobo for that which would be around $300 total combined or buy a expensive 2011 mobo for like 200++ for a cpu that I dunno if it died too? Please help