Would an SSD help performance in a business network model?

ajjcon

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Im not an IT professional but have been left in charge of sorting IT for my own family run Transport and Haulage business. Currently we operate 2 servers, WINDOWS SBS2011 (Handling exchange and domain and some small processes relating to our business and a the second is a SQL 2008 server handling our databases (bespoke software package & antivirus). 20 Workstations connect to these servers over a 1g/bit switch with all network cards on max. Its a new building with cat6 cable throughout but.... I get varying response time from different machines. Some take 2-3 mins to boot into win7 pro, others 50-60 seconds. Some systems take ages to just load into their outlook inbox. All workstations are relatively new all operating i3/i5/i7 processors and win7 pro. My question is, would swapping all machines onto SSD have any genuine benefit of is the networking capability going to be a bottle neck. Any increase is a help but its a large undertaking at substantial cost if its not going to have genuine real world benefits in the above situation. Thanks all., all comments appreciated.

Solution
SSDs will speed up the workstations no doubt. The use of an SSD in the system will not have any effect on the speeds of the network but will certainly improve the workstation.