[SOLVED] Would i be able to run a game that requires GTX 660 on a MX350 laptop?

Geral

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
Hello there, and im sorry to bother you guys with one more of these questions.

I was going to buy a laptop and i really liked the asus zenbook (This one) which has the mx350 as graphics card. The game i want to play is Diablo II: Resurected and according to the minimum requirements, i need a gtx 660 to be able to run it. I would like to know if i would be able to run it on a laptop with mx350.

I have to add that i already have a gaming computer in which i play the game with no problems, but i need a laptop and i would like to play the game on the go if possible.

Would you be so kind to enlight me?

Solution
Thank you for your answers guys, the problem with this game is that it wont actually boot (the game) unless it meets the requirements. If it doesnt meet the minimum requirements the game will only show a window saying "no graphic card found" or something like that. So my question is if it will boot the game, cant really try it without buying it, thats why i ask.

I know it would be better with a gfx card, but i dont really need a gamer laptop, since i already have a gamer PC.

Would you guys think the mx350 is theorically above the gtx660, so that the game will boot?
In the case like this, it's not that a GPU is "above" or "better" than what is required, it's that if the GPU core itself is of the required family or a latter one...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would always suggest getting a more powerful GPU in a laptop then you think you will need. Who knows what game will come out that you want to play.

Still, it should work, they are about the same level of performance in raw output, not sure all the features line up. Though the MX350 is a lot newer, so it should have everything the 660 had.

Hello there, and im sorry to bother you guys with one more of these questions.

I was going to buy a laptop and i really liked the asus zenbook (This one) which has the mx350 as graphics card. The game i want to play is Diablo II: Resurected and according to the minimum requirements, i need a gtx 660 to be able to run it. I would like to know if i would be able to run it on a laptop with mx350.

I have to add that i already have a gaming computer in which i play the game with no problems, but i need a laptop and i would like to play the game on the go if possible.

Would you be so kind to enlight me?
Minimum requirements without any real context (i.e, resolution, settings, and expected performance) is kind of meaningless. You can most definitely run the game because the MX 350 has a richer feature set than the GTX 660. Whether or not it runs as well as you want is another story.

Geral

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
Thank you for your answers guys, the problem with this game is that it wont actually boot (the game) unless it meets the requirements. If it doesnt meet the minimum requirements the game will only show a window saying "no graphic card found" or something like that. So my question is if it will boot the game, cant really try it without buying it, thats why i ask.

I know it would be better with a gfx card, but i dont really need a gamer laptop, since i already have a gamer PC.

Would you guys think the mx350 is theorically above the gtx660, so that the game will boot?

In the case like this, it's not that a GPU is "above" or "better" than what is required, it's that if the GPU core itself is of the required family or a latter one. In this case, the MX 350 is a Pascal based GPU, which is three generations later than the GTX 660 (Kepler -> Maxwell -> Maxwell 2 -> Pascal)

And if you need evidence that you can actually launch it, someone got it on with a GT 1030, which is a Pascal GPU and worse in terms of specs compared to the MX 350 (which is based on the GTX 1050)

Reactions: Geral
Solution

Geral

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2014
In the case like this, it's not that a GPU is "above" or "better" than what is required, it's that if the GPU core itself is of the required family or a latter one. In this case, the MX 350 is a Pascal based GPU, which is three generations later than the GTX 660 (Kepler -> Maxwell -> Maxwell 2 -> Pascal)

And if you need evidence that you can actually launch it, someone got it on with a GT 1030, which is a Pascal GPU and worse in terms of specs compared to the MX 350 (which is based on the GTX 1050)

Tyvm for the answer, it should very well be capable to open the game :). Ill buy it and bring the results here to confirm

Reactions: lordmogul