Would Steve Ballmer Leave Microsoft After Win 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Ballmer stepping down would be the best thing for MS. Unlike Apple, Microsoft can't survive by reviving dead markets...or by entering markets late. They also can't survive by releasing products and almost immediately dropping all support (Kin anyone?) because initial sales were poor due to a poorer software design. Microsoft needs to start innovating...and quickly, but that won't happen with Ballmer running the show.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Website Windows8update.com said it received a tip from a source that says that the current Microsoft CEO will resign sometime after the launch of Windows 8.
But the son of my nephew's neighbor's dog heard from someone involved in the gardening of a friend of Bill Gates' cousin that maybe he might be thinking about something more or less around the slightly oposite idea of the one he had earlier. Which could mean perhaps.

One up for rumours...

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]salgado18[/nom]But the son of my nephew's neighbor's dog heard from someone involved in the gardening of a friend of Bill Gates' cousin that maybe he might be thinking about something more or less around the slightly oposite idea of the one he had earlier. Which could mean perhaps.One up for rumours...[/citation]
LOL.

Terrance

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Ballmer should go as CEO. MS needs to stop its half-hearted attempts at new products and come to Jesus about the company's mission. It can either do a few things very well or a lot of things poorly. I'm a long-time shareholder, and even I don't have a clear idea of what MS intends to do to compete.

It's going to be hard for MS to replace him, that's for sure.

Now, a new head will mean a new direction. IMO MS can't change it's direction so easily, because of Share Holders, so a new Face will only mean that. If the real people that decides where the company will be headed doesn't change, it just won't. Unless, that is, the new CEO can change the minds of the Directory.

Cheers!

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Steve Ballmer isn't a very good face to have as the face of a company
Doesn't look very appealing to the masses. Also on those keynote speeches, they shouldn't have someone with the most obviously fake smile talking for 40 minutes. It looks so excruciatingly bad.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Microsoft needs Bill Gates back the same way Apple needed Steve Jobs. The visionary and creative spirit just isn't the same and until both CEO's manage to find someone with similar spirits both companies will continue to deteriorate once there CEO's leave for good.

They should be recruiting a youthful person who has yet to finish college, owns Apple products, but dreams of something better, and can hit a bong like a Hoover. A police record is not necessary but recommended.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Hell I'd step down too if I released a product (Windows 8) and forced everyone to upgrade to it from something that actually worked (Windows 7).

Have we all seen the video for Windows 8? Is this necessary for a Desktop? Come on, now.

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]salgado18[/nom]But the son of my nephew's neighbor's dog heard from someone involved in the gardening of a friend of Bill Gates' cousin that maybe he might be thinking about something more or less around the slightly oposite idea of the one he had earlier. Which could mean perhaps.One up for rumours...[/citation]
this can't be TRUE! i've never heard of a dog that can talk!

coupe

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]phatboe[/nom]Ballmer needs to go, MS needs a fresh face with a new attitude and fresh thoughts.[/citation]

Windows 7 is awesome and Windows 8 is the biggest change since windows 95. Google is your friend.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]phatboe[/nom]Ballmer needs to go, MS needs a fresh face with a new attitude and fresh thoughts.[/citation]
if those thoughts are "lets chase after apple people" than those thoughts can die.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Microsoft needs to start innovating...and quickly, but that won't happen with Ballmer running the show.[/citation]
Innovation generally doesn't happen no matter who is running the show at MS. In most things Microsoft is a market follower, not a market leader. The desktop is the exception (and perhaps the console market, but I haven't looked at market share figures for ages).

Status
Not open for further replies.