Write Win 8 Tutorial, Win a Tom’s Goodie Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]Delete it and install Windows 7. End of tutorial.[/citation]
... and burn the copy of Windows 8...

Immoral Medic

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
[citation][nom]hydac7[/nom]Yeaa ! yes yes burn it I tried it (on desktop) , hated every second of it - back to win 7[/citation]

Don't forget to dance around the fire....naked...

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]pbrigido[/nom]Step 1. Turn on Windows 8 computerStep 2. Install Classic ShellStep 3. Try to enjoy[/citation]

4. Open Classic Shell settings
5. Select Windows 8 Setting
6. Select "all" for Disable active corners

tirvon

Honorable
May 10, 2012
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]4. Open Classic Shell settings5. Select Windows 8 Setting6. Select "all" for Disable active corners[/citation]
9. Format C: drive
10. Install ANY other OS.
11. Take a nap.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]pbrigido[/nom]Step 1. Turn on Windows 8 computerStep 2. Install Classic ShellStep 3. Try to enjoy[/citation]
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]4. Open Classic Shell settings5. Select Windows 8 Setting6. Select "all" for Disable active corners[/citation]
[citation][nom]tirvon[/nom]9. Format C: drive10. Install ANY other OS.11. Take a nap.[/citation]
... in classic shell the search don't function fully... and in windows h8 the desktop UI is down right ugly...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
All the stupid comments aside, you are asking for us to write up a Windows 8 tutorial
And our payment will be a goody bag, probably value around $30?
That's your job, you write, we read

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
you are asking for us to write up a Windows 8 tutorial and our payment will be a goody bag, probably value around $30? That's your job, you write, we read

Absolutely not. There's zero guarantee you'll win the goodie bag. This little contest is mostly for users who were already probably going to write one in the first place, or who may have already helped out in the Windows 8 subsection and had a response that would make a great How-To.

Our job is to not only bring the tech news to you, but to foster an environment where users can help each other with hardware and software. There's a lot more of you than there is of us, and users helping users is one of the reasons our forums have exploded to the size they have over the past few years. You don't have to participate if you don't want to - I'm sure there will be other ways to win goodie bags and the items inside in the future.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jpishgar[/nom]Absolutely not. There's zero guarantee you'll win the goodie bag. This little contest is mostly for users who were already probably going to write one in the first place, or who may have already helped out in the Windows 8 subsection and had a response that would make a great How-To_Our job is to not only bring the tech news to you, but to foster an environment where users can help each other with hardware and software. There's a lot more of you than there is of us, and users helping users is one of the reasons our forums have exploded to the size they have over the past few years. You don't have to participate if you don't want to - I'm sure there will be other ways to win goodie bags and the items inside in the future.[/citation]
The forums as they are now are populated with rabid fanbois that just want to bait each other, anyone wanting to read serious tech articles and engage is serious discourse left for other websites months if not years ago.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]The forums as they are now are populated with rabid fanbois that just want to bait each other, anyone wanting to read serious tech articles and engage is serious discourse left for other websites months if not years ago.[/citation]

Please name a single website that is free of fanboy issues. Furthermore, there are still many people on Tom's who genuinely help other members. Are they outnumbered by non-helpful people? Probably, but that doesn't mean that they aren't there.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I think it's sad that Windows 8 needs a tutorial. The OS is supposed to be easy an intuitive, meaning you're supposed to be good to go after install and not need any help in figuring out how things work.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Please name a single website that is free of fanboy issues. Furthermore, there are still many people on Tom's who genuinely help other members. Are they outnumbered by non-helpful people? Probably, but that doesn't mean that they aren't there.[/citation]
I know other sites have fanbois, I read them more frequently now because when I want to read up-to-date news with no personal bias, no bad editing and no gutter journalism that is where I go first
Some of the crowd in here are just animals and the editorial listings reflect that, some articles seem written to deliberately inflame the hatred between the readers
We have articles that are multiple reposts from months and sometimes years ago - huge delays in important stories - I can understand not having a ready to go Surface Pro review because they probably had to go out and buy one rather than having one kindly donated by Microsoft - we had a slew of non-articles released during CES that were not related to any of the events and events of significance were ignored or again, posted days afterwards with the vaguest of lip-service
We had an article that frankly made me angry
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Surface-Windows-RT-Windows-8-Panos-Panay-Mike-Angiulo,21025.html
Saying the Surface had launched with "tepid" reviews - bias right out of the gate - how about you provide an actual review then let us decide if it is tepid or not, they aren't reporting the details they are reporting their opinion and having the gall to do it without their own review
So it's nice that they are asking the readership to put out content, maybe we will get a tutorial that isn't laced with obvious personal preference, because the current editors seems thoroughly incapable

Status
Not open for further replies.