Question Wrong RAM Purchased

Jun 28, 2024
I built me a comp around AMD Ryzen. The Motherboard is ASRock X670E Taichi, CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, and RAM is Gskill Trident Z5 RGB Series 64 GB model F5-6400J3239G32GX2-TZ5RK. On post I've been getting 1 short beep from motherboard indicating a memory timing problem. I've realized I bought the wrong memory, the Gskill trident set I bought was for Intel when I should have bought the AMD version. The timing is different, the intel memory i have is DDR5 6400, 32-39-39-102, CL32, V 1.40 while the AMD versions of the Gskill trident Z5 series of course have different timings. I've not had any trouble other than the beep on boot. The comp is running fine with no problems, every game I'm playing running at ultra graphics though I don't think the games I'm playing will cause severe stress to the system and the RAM timings populate correctly in the BIOS (the intel timings). Since I'm not having any trouble should I go through the process of replacing the memory? I don't even know if a can return the memory to newegg since it was obviously my fault purchasing the wrong product.

TRENDING THREADS