[WTS] Pristine 1080 Gaming Rig (price drop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2019
Hoping someone here can give my faithful gaming rig a good home!

Intel Core i5-4670K @3.40GHz
MSI Aero GeForce GTX 1080
16GB RAM (Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
256GB SSD (Samsung EVO) - System Drive
2TB SSD (Samsung EVO) - Games!
ASUS H87M-PLUS - motherboard - micro ATX - LGA1150 Socket

Pics of system and benchmarks are included. Benchmarks are 3dMark, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.

Please reach out to me with questions. She's a great gaming rig - I even have her playing CONTROL on ultra settings at 50-60fps. Can provide video of that, if interested.

Asking - $700 $600 + shipping price drop 10/4

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks - good catch. I have updated the build list with the proper mobo specs. It is an ASUS H87M-PLUS motherboard.

Sep 30, 2019
bump for price drop!

Still hoping for a good home for this rig. I'd hate to pull her apart and gut her for parts.

Going to be a bit of a tough sell. You have the K series i5, but a non-overclocking motherboard. The 1080 and storage SSDs are really the most value in your system. Due to AMD's Ryzen platform, you can get a much faster, more modern CPU and platform for great prices vs. modern Intel. That's unfortunately against you in the sale.

The price is still too high I think.

The old i5 is a big limitation in today's games and you really only have 1 or 2 CPUs to upgrade to. Plus you cannot overclock your CPU due to the motherboard.
GPU, ram, and drive combination is very good.
The PSU is rather old.

I would price it closer to $500.

Sep 30, 2019
Understood - thanks for the great insight!

I'll give it some time and entertain offers - see about working out a deal on price and shipping when/if people bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.